Tuesday, April 28, 2009

All About April

My pictures are out of order, but this will have to do. These little, fish are Paden's winnings from the ping pong toss game. I told Rich that the kids would love to try, and that they absolutely wouldn't win (we hadn't seen anyone win while waiting), so we didn't need to worry about the move. Well, Paden's first toss went right in, followed shortly after by another golden toss! Their beaming faces show how much fun they had!
The Snake Pit! I have to admit that this was pretty neat to see. I was nervous about being in a tent with hundreds of Rattle Snakes, but the kids had no fear and loved being face to face with them. There was a snake handler that walked around in the cage and the snakes would strike at him. The plexi-glass was just safe enough for me, but I wasn't about to sit for one of the "photos with a live rattler" pictures for $5. Thanks goodness the line was long enough to discourage Rich!
Paden was in heaven being able to study and basically interact with the snakes in these wire-mesh cages. My stomach was in knots, even though I was reassured that he wouldn't get bit.
The Air Force base had a fun egg hunt, which was over in under 30 seconds or so. Larisa loved this bunny and probably set a record for the most hugs given to the sweet, Easter Bunny!
Sometimes she just looks so darn cute! Even with the chocolate in her teeth and "cute smeared all over her face" as Rich likes to say!
When we were on our house hunting trip, Larisa found a new "best friend" in sweet Emi. Now Larisa is constantly asking when we are moving so she can see Emi again. Thanks for being so sweet Emi!
I think Rich is softening to the idea that we ARE going to have a dog someday, thanks to Indiana, the Neilson's dog.
Larisa and Tyler lounging around on Indiana.
This is about the only good picture we got on Easter Sunday. I love how much my girls love each other! It was overcast, but the kids couldn't keep their eyes open. Paden looks "every sort of handsome", as someone in our ward said to him, in his new suit. We will have to get a good picture of him soon.
For the kids' Spring Break, I took the kids to Quartz Mountain to have a picnic and hike.



April has gone so quickly with soccer, Easter, house hunting and lots of fun activities. I just wanted to post a few pictures because I have not been great at journaling about everything as I intended. I don't feel ready for May and the move, but ready or not...it is a few days away

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Love the post! These are some GREAT photos of your kids too! Larisa looks particularly cute in the one from the base Easter egg hunt :). I'm so glad they finally let you into the snake pit! Is it really just days away...I can't believe you guys are leaving so soon:(. We will miss you!!!

Ash said...

Looks like you had a great month! I think you'll really enjoy our old ward AND San Antonio! Can't wait to see pictures of the new dog!

Richard and Cozette Howard said...

What fun pictures. I love the one with the kids and Rich with the dog, and the girls and their braids. Looks like you are on a fun adventure.

amelia and jason said...

Natalie-
I am so glad you left a comment on my blog. It was so fun seeing pictures of your adorable kids! I have to say you have great taste in kid names! :) Are you guys living in San Antonio now? We lived in Lubbock for a year and I really loved Texas!
Keep in touch!

Lane family said...

I'm so glad to hear that you guys will be in Texas! I'm sure we'll eventually get to San Antonio to play... when Dale has TIME! Who knows when that will be. I'm just glad to get outta Cleveland!!! I'm loving all your pictures and your kids always look SOOOOO cute!

Jodi said...

I love those Easter dresses!!!

Ben and Laurie said...

How are you so creative with those hairstyles? Your girls are lucky to have such a patient mom. I love the purple polka dotted dress pics too! Cute family!!