Sunday, October 19, 2008

So Long Summer!

Now that it is starting to feel more like Fall, I feel like we can FINALLY say goodbye to summer! I looked through our pictures of the last few months and chose a few to remember the fun we had. It was fun to go to the park, especially now that Larisa can play on her own and mommy can enjoy watching and chatting with friends.

While we were off having fun, daddy stayed nice and cool at work. He didn't get a whole lot of down time, but is making up for that now.
We lived through a tornado (or what ever they classified it as...it was pretty destructive and scary!) in the early part of the summer. No, this is not our house. We were safe a mile or so north or this.
The kids and I had fun in Utah with grandparents, aunts and uncles and cousins galore! Larisa took a liking to Doby and gave her lots of love.
I traveled across the US (or close to it) with my kids. They were SOOOO good! This was a pit stop near Lake Powell. Entertainment really doesn't have to cost anything when there is dirt and open air!
We all had fun celebrating the 4th of July. Larisa discovered that fireworks are NoiSy!!! She preferred staying in the house to watch the excitement. I will always treasure her comment after we picked out "fire crackers" at a stand. She was so excited when we were driving home and asked if she could eat her cracker now. What a disappointment the loud, smokey "crackers" were!
Paden and Amelia had fun with friends and helping daddy set off the stuff they picked out. Mommy had to console Larisa and try to take pictures.
The rainy days and our trampoline were hits! I miss the smell of Utah storms, though. The sagebrush and hot dirt are so much better than the mildewy smells here in OK.
Paden was the star of his baseball team, if I do say so myself! He played catcher and did a great job!
Amelia gave t-ball a shot and was a trooper. She MUST be sweet because the bees were after her ALL the time! We tried to convince her that they wouldn't bother her...uh, we lied. She got stung while daddy was at her game and I was at Paden's. When Rich brought Amelia to me, she had another one on her shorts that stung me when I picked her up. After that day, I don't think Amelia was able to enjoy t-ball anymore! Poor thing!
Paden perfected his diving board skills and is such a FISH! We spent a lot of time at the pool this HOT summer!
Amelia turned six and got to have a short (thank you lightening) party with her friends at the pool. We had to compromise and at least try to make her cake a little girly. She got her snake- and I made it pink!
Amelia mastered swimming and was ALWAYS seen under water with her BIG, blue eyes staring up at you.

We had a GREAT summer and will miss it! Now that school is in and soccer, scouts, dance, PTO meetings, Rich's pilot lessons and YW occupy our entire weeks, I am enjoying the next season of life, but miss the SLOW pace and relaxation of summer.

11 comments:

Des said...

I am sad to see summer end too. Fall definitely brings a crazier life, but it's a fun life. I try to enjoy these moments, even when I'm ready to pull all my hair out! :)

Ben and Laurie said...

Your kids have the prettiest eyes! Wow, tell Payden I'm impressed with his dive. It looks like you are having so much fun!!

ReadingFamily said...

What fun pictures. Amelia is so big and her hair is so pretty. Rich is taking pilot lessons? It's fun to see your family and to see how much you're enjoying life.

katie said...

Your kids have gotten so big! Looks like you had a fun summer.

Boyd Family said...

Great pics!! It was a fun summer wasnt' it?!

Lane family said...

Do you guys ever stop? It looks like one adventure after another!

So the oldest girl downstairs is now sleeping in the basement. (eewww) Pyper said it's because they had another baby. That's a lot of people in a little space! No wonder they've been extra cranky!

ReadingFamily said...

Hi Natalie, Thanks for all your sweet comments. The e at the end of Reese is silent. Thank you for being so thoughtful. Hope all is well and Happy Halloween.

Tiffini said...

What a cute little family you guys have. Can't believe how big they are. We ok maybe I (Tiffini) love blogging so glad to know you guys have one as well. Great way to stay in touch.

Randall's said...

sounds like you guys had a fun summer. I am sad the summer is ending. we get to look forward to a lot of snow this year it will really be a change from the last 2 snow free winters. I love all your pics. your kids are getting so big. we really miss you guys hope all is well. we need to talk more.
Tonya

Larry, Shanda, Aana, and Addison said...

Natalie...you have taken so many great pictures. I find myself trying to be so involved in the fun that I never remember to pull out my camera and I am always dissapointed at my pictures in the end. Oh well...you have inspired me to work on it! Have a great day!

rachel said...

ITs so fun to see how you guys are doing. I have been wondering about the Howard Family. So great! So I don't have your email address so I am going to leave my email so you can email me your address and then I will email you mine and then please delete this message. Ya know! I just don't want the world to have it. But I want you to of course. rach.a.gee@gmail.com
can't wait to hear from you soon.