Monday, January 19, 2009

Belated Holiday Happenings

We traveled to Utah for Christmas and had such a great time with family and friends! I am sad that we didn't take more pictures, though. Rich and I were both sick most of the time. Rich was able to go on a horse round-up to bring a herd of 39 horses off the mountain. He felt like "The Man From Snowy River"!
We were introduced to Rock Band and really loved playing it with our family!
Snow in Southern Utah is a rare thing, and when it stays around for a couple weeks, it is almost unheard of! Amelia had actually forgotten what snow was like (it's been almost 3 years since we lived in Ohio and were snowed in all winter), and it was new and exciting for Larisa, too! I am so glad we took our snow gear so they could enjoy playing in it.
Amelia hiked around for about an hour while the snow was falling, and looked so cute!
Larisa was constantly telling all her cousins, "We don't eat yellow snow, okay guys?"
On Christmas Eve we had a delicious dinner and the kids got to make cookies for Santa at my brother and sister-in-laws' house. Santa was very well fed!
Paden was sooooo excited to get his first gun! He used it a lot and I'm sure will be a good hunter like his daddy someday. We really didn't get any great pictures of anyone else Christmas morning. The girls were in constant motion and I felt pretty sick. It was such a fun, magical and memorable Christmas, though! I love being with my family!
Paden celebrated his 9th birthday while we were there, and all he wanted to do was be with his cousins. They had fun playing laser tag and mini golf. What a fun and good kid that Paden is! I'll do a post later all about our Bubba!
We towed our trailer to Utah full of presents and motorcycles so Rich and Paden could ride all over at the Howard's place. That snow stuck around for almost the entire trip, but Rich finally broke out Paden's bike on one of our last days there. It was a muddy ride, but Paden had a blast!
On New Year's Eve, my brother, Jed, had an awesome party and at midnight everyone jumped in the pool for the "Polar Plunge"! Brrr!!! They all jumped into the jacuzzi quickly, except my brother-in-law, Heath, who swam around for about 5 minutes. Crazy! I didn't get to participate because I had Strep throat. Sigh. And I am bummed not to have more pictures, but it was a great night and the kids had such a fun time!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Yay, I'm so glad you posted! I haven't had much of a chance to talk to you about your trip...looks like you guys had so much fun! I'm sorry you were SICK!!!!! and hope you're feeling better now!

Kennedy, Brexton, Sadie, Dallin, Jumper said...

Looks like a lot of fun was had by all despite being sick. I hope that you guys stay a little healthier this new year.

Richard and Cozette Howard said...

Looks like you had a fun holiday. I don't think Rich got the germaphobia of the Howard's. I don't think Uncle Rich would be in that hot tub. What a cute family.

Des said...

What a fun Christmas! I'm sorry you were sick. That is not fun at all.