Saturday, September 12, 2009

Better Late Than Never










I haven't done a lot of blogging lately, so here are some pictures of what we have been up to for the past few months. The kids and I went to Utah as an end of summer retreat. It was wonderful to see family and the kids had a ball with cousins and grandparents! Someday we hope to call Utah our home again. Paden and Amelia have been in school for a few weeks now and seem to have adjusted well to a new and much larger school. Their teachers are great, and Paden and Amelia have been making some good friends. I can't believe Paden is in 4th and my Milly is already in 2nd grade! They are even walking home from school by themselves and really like feeling so grownup and responsible. Larisa is back to having just mommy to entertain her in the day. Poor little thing misses the kids when they are gone, but she is a big helper and does so well on her own. I am glad our long summer is over. We had a lot of big changes and we all had to adjust to life here in Texas. Today we are breaking out the Halloween decorations and getting ready to open the door to Fall! I don't have a favorite time of year, but am always ready for the next season to begin. I am looking forward to hot chocolate evenings, crunchy leaves, hot soups on cold days, being able to take the kids to the playground without them burning themselves on the equipment, crisp apples and all the fun of Halloween and Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

Des said...

I agree, I don't really have a favorite time of year. I just love the changes. Your kids are all so cute. Hope that the pregnancy is going well.

Ben and Laurie said...

I'm so jealous of the water skiing. You look like you had a blast. The kids are adorable--so much bigger than I remember them!

The Bahr Diaries said...

Cute pix! I'm glad the kids are liking school. They do grow up soo fast. Where does time go? P.S. don't look forward to too many cold nights there very soon...... :)
We miss you!

Boyd Family said...

Hey, It is so fun to see pics. Paden looks so grown up it is crazy!! We miss you guys so much. I have no one to trade off babysitting and Janie misses Larisa. How are you feeling? Keep us posted!!!! Love you guys!

Jodi said...

We miss the Howard family! It sounds like you guys are all settled in and doing well. It's so fun to see pictures. And I agree...bring on autumn!