Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Camping at Jellystone

We've had this tent for a few years, and the boys have used it, but this was the first time our entire family camped in it. So fun! Just wish it would have been cooler at night... made us miss the mountains in Utah!
The pillow was great for wearing out the kids (and the adults, too). I have never seen one like this. We'll go back just for another round on the pillow!
Yogi Bear didn't steal any of our picnic or dinner, but he did show up and greet the kids.
Watching Larisa jump and play like Paden and Amelia made me realize how grown up and big she is getting! Wish I could slow down time a bit.
Larisa enjoying getting a little dirty!
We really fill up the tent! The kids were so good and went right to sleep without a peep after scriptures and prayers. I brought warm jammies for them to sleep in and don't know how they could stand it. It was TOO hot for me!
Paden is a camp pro and showed the girls how to "safely" (most of the time) build a fire and roast marshmallows and hot dogs.
Amelia was hard to get a picture of because she was in constant motion. What a fun ball of energy she is! Always putting a creative twist on things!
Enjoying oreos and milk.

We had so much fun going camping as a family last weekend. We camped at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Campground and got dirty and eaten by bugs! The kids loved the giant pillow they could jump on and I loved that we could jump in the pools to clean off and cool off a little. There is just something about being together with no electronics and nothing taking our time, other than having fun together. Trying to sleep in a hot tent being six months pregnant was a new experience, and I spent most of the night listening to everyone breathe and talk in their sleep. We all had a great time, though, and hope to go again!

2 comments:

Des said...

I can relate to camping pregnant. When I was almost 6 months pregnant with Ellie, Mark & I had the opportunity to go on a handcart trek with our stake. I didn't have to do any of the pulling and pushing, thankfully, but I did have to sleep on a cot out under the stars. Not the most comfortable few days. It really made me appreciate the pioneer women who were a lot more pregnant than me with no cot to sleep on. :)

Jodi said...

What a fun family trip! The pictures make me want to go camping too! The kids have been begging...