Sunday, January 31, 2010

Catching up

December and now January totally flew by for our family! Our Christmas was different, being that we didn't go home to Utah for the 2nd time in 10 years, but very special and magical! Jack was such a good boy and waited to make his arrival until after Christmas was over and Paden's birthday celebrated. It is so strange to look back on these pictures now and think that we were a family of 5 not too long ago. Now we can't imagine life without our sweet Jack.
We were able to go to Sea World and Six Flags a lot and enjoy the lights and cool weather. The kids loved the 3-D Polar Express movie at Sea World, complete with "snow" that fell on us at the end.
The last two weeks of my pregnancy were the best by far. I finally wasn't nauseated and felt great! It was fun to spend lots of time with Rich and the kids. My blood pressure, which has been very high with all 3 of my previous pregnancies, stayed good until the last week. On the 23rd of December it was up to 148/99 and I thought I was going to have to be admitted early, but my prayers were answered and I was able to wait until the 29th to go in.
Amelia and Larisa love to hug the characters and pose for pictures! Paden... not so much. I think he feels he is too old for it most of the time.
Six Flags had the most amazing lights and sounds for the holidays! We have loved living minutes away from roller coasters and fun!
Santa took so much time and really listened to what the girls had to say. Paden relented and stepped in for a picture, but he didn't sit with Santa this year. Sniff. He IS so grown up!
We had such nice weather during the holiday break, and the kids were able to play outside lots and enjoy their presents. Leave it to Amelia to play with the packaging!
Paden amazed us by sticking to his goal of not eating candy for a YEAR (except on holidays and family birthdays)! He got the idea from his cousins last year and wanted to do it. They get $100 if they stick to it, and I wasn't sure Paden would really do it, but he was determined and got his reward on his birthday. All through the year he would remind his teachers and even us that he couldn't eat candy. We are proud of Paden and know that with his determination he can do anything!
Paden got a basketball stand for his birthday and has been practicing everyday that he can. He is on the Red Raider team and has his first game this weekend!
I thought Larisa looked like a little teenager with her cute Christmas outfit! Tonks looks thoroughly amused, don't you think?
Christmas morning 2009... I thought for sure I would be going in that day because I had some serious contractions during the night and all day. What a fun and memorable Christmas!
Poor Paden got a bad headache after we opened presents and he sacked out on the couch.
Larisa is at that magical age and loved every minute!
Oh Amelia! She has wanted this Shamu in a purple purse from Sea World since we moved here. She wrote a letter to us at school asking for it and if we couldn't buy it for her, would we please send the letter to Santa and Mrs. Clause so they could maybe bring it to her for Christmas. She was one happy girl when she opened it!
Our favorite Christmas present came a few days later! We love our Jack Tanner!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Thanks for sharing your update Natalie. I am amazed at how you managed to keep up with your super busy family during your crazy sick pregnancy! I love all of the photos...cute kids all around (and cute skinny you!).

Tiffini said...

So fun!! Can I have $100 bucks if I don't eat any candy either ;)

Boyd Family said...

I knew Paden was going to get that $100! I am so proud of him. He never took candy at piano lessons either. Good for him. You look great. Your baby is a doll and the girls are darling as usual!! Miss you!